Mold testing is the only way to locate mold inside your home. Mold spores can hide under or within carpets, inside walls, and in crawlspaces or it can be out in plain sight, either way, mold testing is necessary whenever—
- You notice a musty odour/ smell within the indoor environment. This is usually a sign mold growth.
- If you have recently had any flooding inside your home, it is best to have mold testing done.
- It spread and proliferate quickly throughout, Also can be found in isolated areas. If you notice any surface mold or mold settling on random surfaces throughout your indoor environment, it is a good idea to conduct mold testing.
- If any family member has asthma, it can be worse with mold exposure and therefore, you should have mold testing and air quality testing conducted immediately.
- Most common mold-related health issues are chronic sore throats or sinus infections, coughing, headaches, or unexplained fatigue, rashes or hives.
- If you suspect mold within your home, Must conduct have mold testing or air quality testing to be on the safe side.
It’s recommended that Mold testing and air quality assessments must be conducted by a professional environmental company with A+ Rating with BBB such as Ace Environmental. Professional mold testing companies well trained where to look for mold also specialized equipment that can tell if you have mold behind your walls or other areas that you cannot visibly see. They can also tell you what the safe levels of mold in the home are and inform you if your home is unsafe.
Mold Testing is done by multiple methods. Mostly done on surfaces via bulk sampling using swabbing or tape lift sampling methods. Mold spores floating in the air can be detected by conducting air quality testing.
Sampling the air can help to find hidden mold that might be in your heating and air conditioning ducts that you may not see. Sampling is conducted utilizing vacuum pumps to draw air through spore traps. Through direct microscopic analysis we are able to determine the genus of each type of molds and further quantify its concentrations. This can help identify if your indoor environment has the presence of toxic type of molds better known as black mold. These mold types produce mycotoxins. Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins may be hazardous to one’s health.
For fast and accurate Mold testing, Mold inspections, and air quality testing Ace Environmental Services Ltd personnel are the trusted professionals within the industry. Our qualified inspectors are uniquely qualified to conduct these sensitive mold inspections and air quality assessments.