Usually, developing life-threatening illness due to asbestos exposure isn’t too common, although exposure should still be taken seriously. This means efficient, reliable, and professional asbestos removal Burnaby.
In most cases, people who have had significant and prolonged, regular exposure to asbestos develop mesothelioma, lung cancer, or other lung conditions many years after exposure. The progression of asbestos-related illnesses is slow, and can easily go unnoticed.
If you suspect an asbestos-related illness, you should seek medical advice and a thorough check from your GP or family doctor.
Symptoms to look out for and talk to your doctor about:
- Shortness of breath
- Painful breathing
- Coughing or wheezing
Other factors to discuss with your doctor:
- Past or present jobs that involve asbestos exposure
- If you are close to or live with someone with an asbestos illness
- If you are close to or live with someone who has an increased chance of developing an asbestos-related illness
- Situations either at home or at work where you may have been exposed to asbestos
- Making sure your doctor takes note of your concerns and exposure
- How to relieve any symptoms you have
- The tests you need to get to determine whether or not you have developed an asbestos illness
Home Improvement Projects & Your Risk
Although many homeowners prefer to do DIY home improvement and remodeling projects, some thought should be put into it before starting. Invasive projects really shouldn’t be undertaken unless the area is checked out by an asbestos abatement company like Ace Environmental, first.
If you do come across asbestos, however, you should seek our advice right away. We will be able to tell you what steps you need to take to protect yourself and your family until we arrive at your home to remove it. Get in touch with us right away for asbestos removal Burnaby if you suspect asbestos contamination in your home.